Sunday, June 01, 2014

Thinking about: Winter grey


It's the first day of winter today and you'd certainly know it - the sky is grey with rain clouds and it's got me thinking about what I want to wear as the temperatures drop. You already know I'm a big fan of black and white so it won't be a stretch for you to imagine me adding layers of grey this year. So adventurous!

Yesterday I bought two of the five items above - the pants and merino knit - and am seriously considering adding the coat and hat quick smart. Obviously, it's a tricky colour to wear head to toe, but it's a seriously versatile neutral that can easily layer with other pieces you already own. 

The sandals are another matter, my jury is still out. I love them but not. So many very stylish people are wearing them right now and it's confusing the hell out of me. Can I pull them off? Will I look like an idiot? How will I warm my toes?

Merino knit from JCrew (currently on sale)

Fedora from Lack of Color

Italian wool pants from JCrew (currently on sale)

Waterfall coat from Asos

Skinny track pants at Bonds (currently on sale)

Felt slides from Lipstick

No comments: