Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sarah's Raspberry Chia Jam


Today I want to tell you about three of my major crushes right now and for a change they have nothing to do with clothes!

Sarah Yates is my new girl crush. She publishes my new blog crush, A House in the Hills. And she makes my current food crush, Raspberry Chia Jam

First on to Sarah and her blog, it's seriously pretty, cool, educational and just plain fun; she is one stylish lady and her gluten free and sometimes vegan recipes are out of this world. When I grow up, I want to be able to take photos of my food as well as Sarah :)

I'm not vegan by any stretch of the imagination - some days I practically live on Greek yoghurt - but I am trying a gluten free, paleo thing and Sarah's recipes are no fuss and delicious.

Take this jam for instance. A teaspoon of it with some almond butter on a slice of good, grainy gluten free bread will roll your eyes to the back of your head. Promise.

Sarah's Raspberry Chia Jam

1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh - I used fresh and they gave me a lighter coloured jam)

1 generous tablespoon agave (or raw honey like Sarah uses)

1/2 lemon

2 tablespoons white chia seeds

Cook raspberries with sweetener and lemon until they are completely liquid and broken down. Add chia seeds and mix well. Let cool and put it in an air tight jar until you're ready to devour it.

No comments: