Friday, January 10, 2014

Sweet delights: My pavlova update


After streamlining my baking activities this Christmas to just pavlova, I've been meaning to post a couple of pictures to show you the results.

The great thing about pavlova is that it truly is easy to make (this is the recipe I use) and you can dress it up any way you want.

The first picture at the top was my Christmas Eve/Day version. I made lemon curd from scratch (so good) using the left over egg yolks and kept the rest simple with some soft whipped cream and passionfruit pulp.

The other two were made for New Year's Eve. The middle one was mine, again with a bit of the leftover lemon curd, strawberries, pomegranate and thinly sliced basil. The bottom cake I gifted to my next door neighbour. She had given me a plate of her amazing Greek cookies and I couldn't return an empty plate so she received a pavlova with lovely soft cream and a variety of berries.

They all turned out well and were so delicious. Consequently, I am now on a post-holiday detox from all the sugar I've been eating. My skin goes a bit funny with too much sugar and I'm trying to balance things up again.

No comments: