Friday, January 10, 2014

Messy up-do for a cocktail event


As the owner of a very precocious and unpredictable head of curly hair, I'm forever on the lookout for hairstyles that don't involve a complete blow out or a topknot. The messy bun has been a go-to-for me in many occasions but a girls needs to mix it up once in a while.

Enter Pinterest!

One day, while doing a random search for white outfits (the obsession with white continues...), I came across this picture that changed my life instantly. OK, that's probably a bit dramatic but it's close to true.

I've since plaited my hair back and under a myriad times, adding a bit of jazz to denim shorts, or a bit of polish to a cocktail dress.

It's a universal hairstyle and one that I actually think is easier if you have curly hair because the texture is already there and the braid holds nicely with the curls.

You should try it one day.

No comments: