Thursday, December 19, 2013

New Year plans: Don't forget to make a life


This is such a great reminder at this time of year when we naturally reflect on life, where we’ve been, where we want to go and who we want to be.

I was asked on the weekend what my plans were for next year and I, sadly, didn’t have a clear answer. Granted, I spent a good four weeks in November looking after the ‘make a life’ part of my equation as opposed to the ‘making a living’ so there is some balance there. Still, something non-work related should have come to mind instantly. I clearly have some thinking to do.

One thing I do know I want to do more of (better) next year is practice my gratefulness. It’s such an important part of life and so important to our individual psyche – in challenging times, being able to turn to things/people/events/memories that make us glad to be here and be who we are is really invaluable.

So there you go, I have one thing on my list and am instantly grateful for it!


No comments: