Sunday, December 22, 2013

For the cocktails: Thyme and Lime syrup

While researching holiday cocktails yesterday, I quickly realised some sort of sugar syrup was absolutely necessary for many of the concoctions (no wonder cocktails are so kilojoule laden!)

I made this thyme and lime infused syrup primarily because I want to try the Winter Thyme and Key Lime cocktail from my previous post, but also because thyme is one of my favourite herbs and abundant in my small potted garden.

The syrup will also prove versatile drizzled over a fruit salad, or even over some sweet summer mango sliced over a Christmas pavlova.

The recipe couldn't be simpler: 1.5 cups sugar, 2 cups water and bring to boil. Simmer thyme and lime peel lightly for 10 mins (use as much or as little as you prefer). Let cool and go crazy inventing ways to use it.


Must really learn how to take better pictures in my kitchen...

No comments: