Monday, November 04, 2013

Enter the contenders: The great handbag search of 2013


Ah, it's that wonderful and frustrating time of the year again when one indecisive woman with a handbag fetish (me) has to choose her one purchase for the year. What to do, what to do?

This year I'm torn between a tote or carryall that I can use daily for work, or investing in a killer clutch that can add a bit of 'designer' flash to my currently rather pedestrian evening clutch collection.

So it's pretty obvious that I'm thinking black this year yeah? 2013 has been a bit of a black trip for me although that lovely Givenchy number in the top row centre is actually a deep green and may just break the black obsession.

To help narrow it down, I've tried ranking them in terms of favourites but the list is still too large. Alexander Wang keeps calling my name with the beauties in the last row centre and right, while that McQueen clutch is talking straight to my skull obsession with that gorgeous padlock.

With six days and counting before I leave on my trip, if I don't make a decision soon, it may mean hours of browsing department stores and boutiques, which is not really the best way to spend time while on vacation. Imagine all the other beauties I'm likely to come across!

What I'm going to do is print out this post and put it in my travel journal to help keep me focussed. I pity the poor salesperson who is on shift the day I go into Bergdorf Goodman to make my choice...

Top row: Balenciaga Classic Velo, Givenchy Nightingale Zanzi, Saint Laurent Y Ligne
Middle row: Alexander McQueen Skull Lock Clutch, 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Satchel, 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli Tote
Bottom row: Prada Daino, Alexander Wang Emile, Alexander Wang Pelican

2 comments:

Annanotherthing said...

The Celine Luggage tote is also a thing of beauty...
http://www.polyvore.com/celine_black_leather_luggage_tote/thing?id=54947959

PJ said...

It very nearly made the list Anna, it's very cute and I don't know what it's like in Sydney but here in Melbourne we're overrun with knock offs of these. Makes me sad.