Thursday, August 01, 2013

The coffee table tray #2


Check out the flowers I 'stole' from my neighbours!

Each year, the arrival of August and the blossoming of camellias around the place herald the return of thieving ways during my nightly dog run. They're in full bloom right now in all colours and I've got little jars of them all over the house.

When I first bought this house I currently live in, the previous owner (an elderly lady), had a number of healthy, mature camellia trees in the backyard. Of course, at the time this didn't suit our plan to build a sizeable garage and eventually a new house, so down came the trees. It's a perfect example of the saying, "you never know what you've got until it's gone." Imagine how many more jars of flowers I'd have in the house if I had an untapped supply in my own backyard!

No comments: