Monday, July 08, 2013

The power of a compliment


Last Friday I was reminded of the power that words, specifically compliments, can have on a person. I'm not the type to need constant recognition or encouragement, though I can't deny the effect that three direct pieces of positive feedback had on me last week.

In the face of a challenging day, the encouraging words of my superiors completely changed how I went about it - I was more confident, self-assured and decisive. It wasn't until the day after that I realised what had really happened and wondered how I can make it last longer than a day.

The power of positive thinking is a wonderful and fascinating thing and my goal this week will be to hold on to those words when times gets rough and use them to carry myself onwards and upwards.

No comments: