Sunday, February 17, 2013

Photography Challenge: Day 25 - Strangers


Ah strangers, they really have a knack of screwing up a moment, don't they?

Take this photo for instance. I thought these bright yellow stairs would make a super cool shot - they're are at the top of a crater in Hawaii and lead to an observation deck. I couldn't believe my luck when I realised they were empty because the day I visited, there were about 2,500 tour buses of Japanese school children visiting the crater, plus another 15 million tourists, give or take a couple.

So I proceeded to get my sweaty self down on the dirty floor of this old structure and take my shot when the person you see here, whom I can only describe as jack rabbit-like, appeared out of nowhere and proceeded to carry out his exercise routine right in my shot.

I gave up after a while - he was making me simultaneously tired and angry and I had other sites to see.

Damn strangers.

No comments: