Monday, February 11, 2013

Photography Challenge: Day 19 - Something I Want


According to my mum I was a pretty amicable child and not at all prone to brazen selfish requests like other kids who threw demands and tantrums at the sight of a new toy or chocolate bar. I'm generally the same now that I'm an adult; sure, I'd be lying if every now and then the sight of an amazing pair of shoes or handbag didn't hit me with desire like a punch to the guts, but I'm very reserved in my outward reactions to such emotions.

So why am I telling you this and what does it have to do with today's picture, I hear you ask?

Well, this is the doorway at 10 Bleecker Street in Manhattan and when I first laid eyes on it, I felt like balling up my fists, throwing myself on the ground and make large, screaming demands to please get one of its apartments. Part of me wishes I was exaggerating about the feelings this building brought out in me but I'm not - the more I looked at it, the more I wanted to chuck a massive fit and refuse to leave the street corner until I had the keys to one of the residences.

The building is stunning, gorgeous, ridiculously beautiful and unreal in a 'stop you in your tracks as you catch a glimpse out the corner of your eye kind of way' - it's downright spectacular.

How could anyone not be brought to the edge of adult sanity when confronted with such a sight?




No comments: