Saturday, February 02, 2013

Photography Challenge: Day 10 - Childhood Memory


Looking  back on my childhood, I ate and drank a lot of things that many people wouldn't dream of giving kids nowadays. We drank coffee, sampled wine and beer and had the odd aperitif before dinner on special occasions.

On balance, I am very thankful for having lived like that because in a way we weren't treated like children, as so many are these days with special food and special meal times.

This was a favourite breakfast: a bowl of hot milk with coffee and sugar and some crusty bread broken into it. This was especially delicious with really hard, crusty, rip-your-gums-apart bread. Of course as a child I had much less coffee than I use as an adult but the mix is still the same.

I don't eat a lot of bread these days but every now and then when I get a crusty loaf home, I put a bit aside for a couple of days in anticipation of one of these bowls of deliciousness.

No comments: