Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tony Bianco - shoes on the move

This year, I bought two new pairs of sandals in the post-Christmas sales and I didn't set foot in a shoe store. Online shopping is, hands down, my favorite way to shop, if you know how to do it properly, that is.

Photos from Tony Bianco

Take my most recent purchases for example - yes, the two beauties you see here, aren't they gorgeous? I've owned enough Tony Bianco shoes to know my precise size, which means I don't even need to try to them on to know they fit. So my drill is to jump on their website, click, click, buy and in less than a week they arrive at my door (free of charge, you can't beat that!) and the only worry I have is about what the delivery man will think of me for having two pairs of shoes delivered in the space of three days.

You can't get better than that right? Wrong. Tony Bianco recently launched a mobile app that makes their user-friendly online store even better. You can search and buy by size or style wherever you are. As a matter of fact, I bought mine in the car on the way to the beach.

Sure, the downside is you miss out on the tacticle side of shopping where you can touch and feel the fabrics, see how the item is finished and try it on for size.

While there will always be a time and place for actual shopping, for me it doesn't get any better than being able to download an app and buy exactly what I want without having to fight for a car space at the mall, stand on the escalators because people are too lazy to walk up/down them, and dodge runaway kids, huge prams, out of control trolleys and distracted shoppers just to get three straps of suede.

No comments: