Thursday, January 10, 2013

Running inspiration #1

Remember those motivational prints that were everywhere a few years ago? You know the ones with the polar bears and icebergs and canoeists heading white water rapids with single word titles like 'Believe', 'Strength', and 'Motivation'?

I always wondered what people got out of looking at those posters because they never really did anything for me. Maybe it was because I couldn't assimilate with a polar bear or an adventure sportsperson. I think it was also because I only ever saw them in a work context and I've never really been that ambitious - mine's been more of an organic career trajectory brought about by hard work and chance.

The situation is different when it comes to other areas of my life, like exercise. I'm a huge sucker for exercise motivational pictures, sayings, memes, whatever! Pinterest is partly to blame because it's so full of that stuff.

Here's my favourite.


I keep it on the desktop of my work computer to remind me not to be lazy and it works surprisingly well. No doubt it's because of the guilt factor, it speaks well to my Catholic heritage.

No comments: