Monday, October 15, 2012

What's my age again?

Yeah, I know my posts have been rather birthday-related this last week. Can you blame me? This one sort of follows the theme but instead of being prompted by some momentary neurosis about whether I've achieved, given or lived enough, this one is simply about a great song that's on my running playlist at the moment.

And I thought it would be a great excuse for me to put up this picture of me just after I'd become a sister. How cute!


I have always been prone to overdressing for an occasion and I am still wearing skirts that are too short for my age. I also still smile like I'm receiving a throat exam. Oh well, let's call it genetics.

And that's about the time that she broke up with me,
No one should take themselves so seriously.
With many years ahead to fall in line,
Why would you wish that on me?
I never want to act my age.
What's my age again?

Blink 182, 'What's My Age Again?', Enema of the State 1999


No comments: