Thursday, October 11, 2012

Go shawty, it's your birthday

This is just taking things a tad too far I think. The cakes were welcome and delicious, the flowers unexpected but very sweet and the balloons...well, the balloons were something I was crossing fingers that someone would forget.


Aren't we supposed to keep a lady's age secret? Isn't that something society usually protects?

I don't even know what to say from now on when people ask me my age (do I tell the truth or say I'm 30-ish?) but now everyone in the office knows and even though the reactions are very kind and flattering, I would have preferred it happen on my terms.

Anyway, I'll let you in on a secret - I pierced the balloon with a needle and now it has a slow leak that I hope will deflate it by the end of the working day. Yes, it's sabotage on an act of kindness but it's certainly better than punching it until it exploded.


Go shawty, it's your birthday
We gonna party like it's your birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday

50 Cent, 'In Da Club', Get Rich or Die Tryin' 2003


No comments: