Wednesday, July 04, 2012

7:30am, Melbourne CBD

Trust me to return to my poorly neglected blog with a picture of a sunrise, some lyrics and a video. I truly am a one-trick-pony but come on, how can a person not be speechless by this kind of sight?


Technically, this wasn't this morning's sunrise but as I drove in to the city today, a song came on the radio that reminded me of this photo. It was a song by a band I'd not heard of before - The Gaslight Anthem. (Sorry if you're a fan, they're great and I'm not sure how I managed to get through sooooo many years of life listening to rock'n'roll and now knowing about them.)

Hey hey, turn the record over.
Hey hey, I'll see you on the flip side.
There you go, turn the key and engine over.
Let her go, let somebody else lay at her feet.

The Gaslight Anthem, 45, Handwritten 2012


No comments: