Monday, May 14, 2012

Floral pants: Bring the noise!

My goth-lite, pre-emo, grunge-loving teenage self would recoil in horror at these pants. The pink, the flowers, the brightness...the pink!

My today self loves them to bits, although I have to admit they're not for every day because not only do they require a bit of planning in the shoe and top department, I also need to be particularly strong of mind on the day to cope with the necessary ribbing from the man of the house. The moment I slide them on it's open season on pointing, raised eyebrows and Florida jokes.


On this particular outing, my radio station played an interview with Chuck D from Public Enemy and set me up for a day long earworm of Bring the Noise, which I found fairly appropriate: noisy pants, noisy song.

Make a miracle, D, pump the lyrical.

Public Enemy, Bring the Noise, It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold us Back 1987

No comments: