Tuesday, May 22, 2012

5:05pm, Melbourne CBD

How amazing is this sunset? I missed a lift yesterday afternoon trying to take this photo and hope I didn't inconvenience anyone in it who had to stop at my floor and wait for no one to get in.


It reminded me of a song about the promise of an afternoon and the anticipation of the evening to come. As it turns out, my evening wasn't that flash. I didn't know it at the time but that lift delivered me to an overcrowded gym class for a mediocre experience exerting myself with inadequate weights because there were too many people in the room.

Anticipation has a habit to set you up,
for disappointment in evening entertainment but,
tonight there'll be some love;
tonight there'll be a ruckus yeah,
regardless of what's gone before.

Arctic Monkeys, 'The View From the Afternoon', Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not 2005


No comments: