Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stylin' around the campsite

These are my second favourite shorts and I spent the best part of last week wearing them around the bush.*

They're comfortable, sort of dirt-coloured so you can hang around dusty spaces without looking too grubby, and they're not too short in the leg so you won't get sunburn on your upper thighs. You'll know what I mean if you have ever seen a British tourist with sunburned upper thighs after a day on Bondi beach - not a good look anywhere.



* My favourite shorts are a pair of denim cut offs that I made out of an ill fitting pair of Levi's. It's funny how I didn't like them as full length jeans but they're perfect as cut offs. I normally take them on vacation but because we were going to spend quite a bit of time driving around in bright sunshine and my cut offs sit a bit higher up the thigh, I didn't want to end up with the aforementioned upper thigh situation, naturally.

No comments: