Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter 2012: Four days of no dressing up

You know how celebrities are often quoted about being "t-shirt and jeans" kind of people? I think my version of that would be to say I'm a tights and sneakers kind of girl.

Basically, I could wear gym gear every day. It's probably terribly gauche as far as fashion is concerned because I've never seen The Sartorialist or Garance Dore feature anyone in their workout gear, but it's the truth and I'm not ashamed to admit it.


After all, it's not like I get around in threadbare, holey, smelly gear and old sneakers. My workout wardrobe is rather lovely thanks to a recent trip to the United States where gear is so much cheaper than here in Australia (seriously, like less than half price, before you count in any sale discounts!), and thanks also to a couple of amazing presents wrapped in a lululemon bag.

While I'm on the subject of working out, let me share with you a song that is currently in all my playlists: warm up, running, abs, stretching. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed at the moment.

I'm living in the 21st century doin' something mean to it.
Do it better than anybody you ever seen do it.
Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it,
I guess every superhero need his theme music.

Kanye West, Power, My Beautiful Twisted Dark Fantasy 2010


No comments: