Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The opposite of calm


This mantra is not working. Perhaps it's because every self-styled interior designer has beaten every inch of meaning and stylistic integrity out of this sign. Or perhaps it's because my anger and frustration requires more than a jpeg to subside.

The reality is that this is a war sign, developed as propaganda at the start of World War II. Quite appropriate really as I currently find myself in an hostile situation and continually need to remind myself to keep calm and carry on lest I bitch-slap someone. So rather than rely on a platitude in a sign used by the masses, I will turn to war cries put to music heavy enough to shock said masses.

Is there no standard anymore?
What it takes, who I am, where I've been.
Belong.
You can't be something you're not;
be yourself, by yourself,
stay away from me.
A lesson learned in life.
known from the dawn of time.
Respect.
Walk.

Pantera, Walk, Vulgar Display of Power 1992


No comments: