Wednesday, February 15, 2012

6am, Bayside Melbourne

The last time I wrote about Sonic Youth was about 18 months ago in a post titled 6pm, Bayside Melbourne when I referenced their album, Dirty. (It's got an amazing photo attached, I remember taking it out the back windscreen of my car on the way home one evening.)

One day last week, I woke up singing a song from that album for no immediately apparent reason. That was the day I walked out my front door and caught this sunrise over the roof of my house. The song doesn't really connect lyrically with the sunrise, or an emotion or my frame of mind really - it's just a great song that I happened to be singing at the time I took this picture.


Between the sunrises, clouds and sunsets, you must think I spend a lot of my time looking at the sky. It's true, not gonna lie; there's a lot of amazement to be had from appreciating nature. Try it out.

What's real? what is true?
I ain't turning my back on you.
Where're you goin'? where've you been?
Making wishes, watching dreams.

Sonic Youth, Wish Fulfillment, Dirty 1992


No comments: