Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy new blah...

Well, my new year was ushered in with the very bad news that one of my uncles had passed away so it was definitely Happy New Blah for me.

He introduced me to Led Zeppelin and I still have his vinyl collection of their records, even though I haven't had a turntable for almost 15 years. For some reason, I never gave them back and now I know why.


And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.
And she's buying the stairway to heaven.

Led Zeppelin, 'Stairway to Heaven', Led Zeppelin IV 1971

No comments: