Saturday, December 03, 2011

More Mexico: I left my heart in Loreto

Here are some more photos from my recent Mexico trip. These were taken in Loreto, on the south east coast of the Baja peninsula. It's a small, beachside town with only two sets of traffic lights and the oldest mission in the land.

At lunchtime and in the early afternoon, it's overrun with children and adolescents out of school, buying ice cream, snacks and filling the streets with noise and cheer. People say hello to you and you could stay here two weeks and not eat or drink at the same place twice.

I spent my birthday in Loreto and felt like the luckiest girl in the world. On the horizon the sun sets over red rocks at the end of a blue sea; it's surreal, utterly beautiful and worth every hour of travel to get there.





No comments: