Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Noon, Melbourne CBD


Well she's walking through the clouds,
with a circus mind that's running round.
Butterflies and zebras
and moonbeams and fairy tales.
That's all she ever thinks about,
riding with the wind.


When I'm sad, she comes to me
with a thousand smiles, she gives to me free.
It's alright, she says, it's alright.
Take anything you want from me,
anything.

Jimi Hendrix Experience, 'Little Wing', Axis: Bold as Love, 1967

This is a hands down, beautiful, sweet, wonderful song. The lyrics above are all there is to the song as the rest is left up to Jimi's guitar. It's psychedelic and very 1967. I don't quite know why but hearing this song makes me want to dance in circles and get drowsy in a sunshine-filled field much like the one in this photo.

You can experience Little Wing in two ways: you can listen to Jimi's original and enjoy the amazing guitar solo, or you can listen to a cover of it by Skid Row's Sebastian Bach and hear a voice that will blow your mind. My favourite is the latter and here's a video to support my opinion.


P.S. - This is the first video I've ever featured in this blog and those close to me would not be surprised that it's something featuring Sebastian Bach. It's seriously an effort for me to stop being so praiseworthy of this man.

No comments: