Tuesday, March 08, 2011

7:15am, Melbourne CBD


It's true that I tend to post a lot of sunrise photos, all taken somewhere between 7 and 9am. It's also true that a lot of them have a similar perspective, from way up on high. The reason for this is that I am unbelievably lucky to work very high up in a very tall building overlooking what I consider to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world, Melbourne. The only way I could be more blessed is if I were doing this from a 39th floor window somewhere in Manhattan but don't get me started.

Today's lyric is from the Foo Fighters in anticipation of their new album that is expected to drop very soon. It's produced by Butch Vig - the first time he and Dave Grohl have worked together since Nirvana (swoon) - and from what I've heard so far, it's awesome.

Breathe out
So I could breathe you in
Hold you in

And now
I know you've always been
Out of your head, out of my head I sang

And I wonder
When I sing along with you
If everything could ever feel this real forever
If anything could ever be this good again

The only thing I'll ever ask of you
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when
She sang

Foo Fighters, 'Everlong', The Colour and the Shape, 1997

No comments: