Monday, January 17, 2011

The great landscaping project

For the past two weekends, I have been up to my elbows in dirt, rocks and concrete - I can't remember a time I've been more dirty, I looked like a chimney sweep after a particularly grueling day shoveling dirt.

After getting through a project as big as demolishing a whole house and building another from scratch, you could forgive me for procrastinating on the landscaping. We moved in more than a year ago and now it's time to get back into it and finish it off. Tidying up the garage side of the house was the first step and it's coming up well.


Some pots still need to be filled and I'm eternally grateful for my the styling eye of my chief landscaper, aka my husband. I would have lined up the pots in a single file, evenly spaced to satisfy my obsessive compulsive tendencies; he bunched them up into little vignettes that are much more appealing.

This is why I don't garden. Well, that and the bugs...

No comments: