Wednesday, January 05, 2011

2011: Hello friend, what have you in store for me?

Having finally logged in for the first time this year, I feel somewhat obliged to publish a new year post. My good friend Delamare was quick to it and now it's my turn.

Dear 2010, you weren't as much of a bitch as your haggard older sister, 2009, but you could have tried harder.

Dear 2011, there's still hope for you. Go easy on me OK?


The start of a new year always seems to put so much pressure on people to make a new start, wipe the slate clean and make the next year bigger, better, more fun. The idea of rebirth is so tempting that it's easy to think that just because your calendar shows a shiny new Day 1 on Month 1 you will be a new person.

History has taught me that I have about a 50:50 success rate with new year resolutions so I made none for this year. That's not to say there's nothing I want to achieve, just that I'm not pegging my accomplishments on our culture's need for transformation at this time.

My new year began with great friends, good music and a lot of hope and I would love nothing more than for it to continue that way.

No comments: