Friday, December 10, 2010

Much as I admire people that can walk into a vintage clothing shop and come out looking fabulous, it's not for me - for some reason, I can't see past the fact that it's used clothing. I think about other people's armpits, skin cells, body hair on the garment and am quickly turned off and headed to the nearest exit.

That's not to say I'm against vintage altogether. For instance, I like vintage glass a great deal and will often visit the crockery section of goodwill stores looking for some precious finds.

Having recently undertaken my first and very successful foray into Etsy, I am all over it for vintage glass. Have a look at these lovely finds.



Clockwise from top left:
Vintage Indiana Milk Glass Serving Bowl with Wild Rose Leaf Pattern
Vintage Milk Glass Square Pedestal Compote
Vintage Milk Glass Vases
Westmoreland Milk Glass Lotus Bowl

There's something so delicate and luminous about milk glass that really catches my eye. It's a shame that milk glass has become somewhat of a decorating cliche lately, along with wallpaper and geometric cushions because I do like it so much. Decisions, decisions...

No comments: