Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wordle: It's free, fun and fabulous

One of the things I like best about the internet is its ability to take me anywhere and show me something really cool. Last night, while catching up on my blogroll, I got seriously distracted and ended up on a site extolling the virtues of Wordle.

In Wordle, you can create your own word art using any text you like (yesterday I tried with the lyrics to my favourite Kings of Leon song, natch) and you can also point it to any website with an Atom/RSS feed, which is what I did for the image above.

As a font enthusiast, I get a kick out of art that uses typefaces. My artistic eye is also drawn to patterns, repetition and balance so you can see how this little discovery is right up my alley. I'm going to keep playing it with - perhaps try a little Shakespeare - and may even end up with a framed version in my home.

No comments: