Monday, September 27, 2010

White and yellow to greet the spring

Few things can bring an instant facelift to a home's interior like fresh flowers can. Usually I try to buy long lasting options like various greenery and big leaves that last for weeks but sometimes I can't ignore the short term hit I get from a delicate bunch of flowers.




Last Friday I bought a bunch of white sweet peas and yellow 'whatchamacallits' (I've been told the name twice but can't remember it...it's Latin so already my recollection is challenged). At $12 and $15 respectively, I was pretty pleased with my ability to stretch them across three vessels in my lounge and dining.

They looked an absolute treat over the weekend as the sun shone through my living room in the first sunny weekend Melbourne's had for months. It was a celebration of spring in a way.

No comments: