Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tomatoes: the agony and the ecstasy

The ecstasy
Tomatoes are one of my favourite foods of all time. I especially like them just like this, drizzled in thick, luscious extra virgin olive oil, sprinkled with flaky sea salt and baked for 20 minutes at 200 degrees still on the stem.

Once out, they're perfect in pasta, risotto, with other roast vegies, over toast, under a poached egg... You get the picture, they're versatile, healthy and delicious.

The agony
I am allergic to high quantities of tomatoes and break out in skin rashes if I consume too many, too often. It's a disappointment bordering on a tragedy that I can only have two small serves of tomato a week; and that's if I don't pair them with red wine (allergic to that too, the horror!) but that's a whole other story.

No comments: