Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jil Sander runway: what's going on?

Despite my lifetime love of fashion, there are many things about that world that greatly intimidate me: the snobby salespeople, the astronomical price tags, the skinny-ness/tan-ness/shiny-ness of its proponents and the runway shows. This photo is from last week's Jil Sander runway.
I've always wanted to go to a fashion show but just the thought of it gives me the chills. What would I wear? Would I need to get my hair blown out professionally? Should I wear fancy make up or natural? How could I sit for so long on a backless bench and still maintain my posture?

There are times I really put myself up against it, huh? Well I shouldn't worry because check out what was hanging around in the front row at Jil Sander.

Flip flops! I can't believe it. Here I am worried that my best pair of shoes won't be good enough for a runway show (where I won't even be anywhere near the front row, mind you) and this person is wearing flip flops. I'm speechless.

P.S. - How amazing is this outfit though? And her legs? Her legs! They're killing me right now. I'm off to get a tan.

No comments: