Monday, August 16, 2010

8am, Bayside Melbourne


Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
and I say it's all right

The Beatles, 'Here Comes the Sun', Abbey Road, 1969

As much as I love witnessing a lovely sunset, watching it punctuate a day and bring with it the moon, the night and its stars, I much prefer to see the sun rise.

A sunrise has the power to reset everything and provide a fresh start. It’s a constant that can bring a person out of the deepest mire and reconnect them to the universe.

In my darkest hours, I’ve often relied on sunrises and sunsets to plug me back into a bigger cause, a larger influence and a brighter future because the only thing of which a person can ever be sure is that there will always be another day, you just have to wait for the sun.

No comments: