Wednesday, June 09, 2010

And it was all yellow

I know, I went away again. And after I said I'd try to be around more often this time 'round.

Major work project, interstate travel and a wretched head cold all conspired to keep me from blogging. If this blog were a plant it would end up like all my actual plants - dry around the edges and irretrievably limp.

To make up for my absence I am going to let you in on a real jewel in the Melbourne bar scene - Yellow Bird.

Yellow Bird is heaven in an establishment for me: retro furniture, dark ambience (even during the day), grungy soundtrack, serves breakfast all day, has a great list of drinks at reasonable prices and is owned by a rock star.

What more could you ask for? Embalmed birds hanging from the ceiling? Check. Toilets lined with vintage music press? Check. Atmosphere reminiscent of the green zone at a rock festival? Check!

It's in Windsor and it's super cool. Check it out.

2 comments:

Dan said...

That sounds like an establishment I must visit!

PJ said...

Totally. It's one of the coolest places I've been. Grungy alternative music on all the time. It's for rockers like you.