Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Me and Chloe Sevigny

I wore woolen socks with my grey booties and a short skirt last week and I don't actually know why.

Maybe it was a result of seeing pictures from some of the recent fashion runways with their current fascination of pairing socks and sandals; or perhaps it was because of Chloe Sevigny who looks considerably cute with her socks, booties and knobbly knees.

 

Some people tried to be polite about it by saying things like, "that's different" or, "you've not worn that before." Others were a bit more direct, asking, "what the hell is going on down at your ankles?"

None of that bothered me. It was one of those outfits that felt right from the moment I put it on, plus I had the bonus of toasty warm feet and ankles all day. The freedom to wear outfits like this really make me grateful that I work in an office where I'm not forced to wear a cookie cutter suit every day. How boring would that be?

P.S. - On a different note, my legs in the above photo look less like Chloe's knobbly knees and more like those of a Romanian weightlifter. Not sure how I feel about that.

No comments: