Thursday, April 29, 2010

Strangers in the night

After previously writing about my reluctance to put anything up on my newly plastered and painted walls, the cat's now well and truly out of the bag and nothing can stop me.

I've always loved having decorated walls and even though I enjoyed looking at pristine, unblemished walls for a while I eventually came to miss the colour and feeling of my various decorations and took the hammer and nail plunge. There are now paintings, prints, posters, postcards, photos, decals, mirrors and even bunting on my walls today and I relish the jolt of creativity a bare wall inspires.

Currently in my sights are the following two lovely prints by a very talented Spanish artist called Blanca Gomez. They already have my vote and the next step is to be tabled at my home's 'Executive Steering Committee for the Advancement of Art and Cultural Imagery' (i.e. the super creative hubby). I'm feeling lucky.


(Via A Cup of Jo)

No comments: