Friday, July 03, 2009

Wall art: Time to get my boots on

As the owner of a shiny new house with new plaster and new paint on the walls, I have been putting off drilling holes and hanging up my artwork.

I’ve been contemplating where to start for a few weeks now but all efforts have amounted to more procrastination. I think it’s mostly because, with the exception of three or four pieces, my wall art is mostly transitionary – which is really another way to say that I keep changing my mind about what to display in my frames.

First up this weekend definitely has to be the painting I bought a few years ago. I mean, it’s a painting, it’s by an actual artist, it cost a lot of money and I love it to bits.

Next will be the framing of two new images that I have finally decided will go up on the wall. They’re both photographs, my favourite medium, and I find them very intriguing. The photo of the cymbal reminds me of a circus tent and the one of the boots causes me to daydream about who the person is and what they’re doing.

I’ve already got a couple of 7-foot decals of red poppies up on one wall but until this weekend I haven’t been game to bring out the drill and really commit.

But I will.

I hope.

We’ll see…

7 comments:

Joao said...

Hey!

I ended up in your blog after these strange paths internet leads us through and had some nice time reading it. So why not leaving a comment? =P

You probably won't get a lot of what's written in mine because it's in portuguese, but anyway...

Keep writing... i also had (and might have) the same "problem" of leaving my blog away for lots of months.

hugs.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.