Monday, May 11, 2009

A real life douchebag

I try to generally keep things light and airy here – nothing too serious or depressing – but after all, I called this blog Cute When Frustrated, not Happy-Go-Lucky, so it does give me some latitude towards the bitchy end of the scale.

So here goes. It occurred to me today that I actually know a real life douchebag.

One of my favourite online ‘hitching’ posts – Gawker – is a long time identifier of this modern phenomenon so I feel somewhat qualified in knowing a douchebag from your regular, run-of-the-mill dumbass. Having never known one directly, it took me a while to appropriately classify the douche and that’s because doucheness can sometimes be mistaken for arrogance, dorkiness, egoism or just plain stupidity.

I will offer one concession to my douchbag and that is that they are not as bad as these guys, who are unmistakeably the douchiest douches in the world – there’s hope yet douchebag.

Photo credit: Photo of the douchebag poster boy taken from Wikipedia.com

No comments: