Thursday, April 30, 2009

Great online discoveries: The Sartorialist

Um, excuse me, how is it that I didn't discover The Sartorialist until this week?

I spend more money that I care to count on fashion magazines, more time than I care to tally on fashion websites, and more brain power than I care to admit planning what to buy and how to wear it.

Realistically, I am nowhere near the level of fashionista that graces the lens of The Sartorialist and am so obviously completely behind the curve on this that I may as well still be wearing Hypercolour 'Choose Life' t-shirts and blow drying my hair like George Michael's before I learnt what gay really meant. (As an aside, I picked up a t-shirt in my desired colour of grey-blue at American Apparel last week and nearly gagged in shock upon discovering it was hypercolour...in 2009!)

Anyway, this is a seriously good blog - like people watching without having to venture out among the unwashed, badly dressed masses in search of a shiny beacon of fashion inspiration. This guy is out there sifting through that for us and delivering it so wonderfully composed right to our computer. Genius.

2 comments:

Dan Michael said...

Wow, he is good! What gorgeous pics.

delamare said...

Snap - I've just discovered it too! I think it was via Girl With A Satchel. Love it. Lots. And so great to see you back blogging!