Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It doesn't get more stupid than this

This is the most stupid thing I’ve seen so far today.

I am not a technophobe by any means, but I also don’t throw myself at every new gadget that comes along. In this case, I’d bet that the only throwing being done in the case of this rabbit is by me, of it, out the window.

More than just a garish piece of plastic with flashing lights and mismatched animated ears, it is an alarm clock, reader of text messages and emails, and even oracle of traffic updates. It apparently also “carries more sway over children than their parents and can help men who have misbehaved win forgiveness from angry partners”.

If you’ve done something so bad that you can’t bring yourself to say it to your partner, what makes you think you’ll get off lightly by getting the stupid rabbit to recite it instead? I can’t even begin to articulate the level of pain I’d inflict if I ever found myself on the receiving end of a plastic rabbit apology but I know there wouldn’t be much rabbit left!

On a related note, I can't believe my city's premier newspaper went so far as to use the word 'wabbit' in the headline for this stupid story (link above). Standards? What standards?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ... didn't Dan (scanner?)want one of those? :) SAHM

Kallie said...

I think you'r right sahm... LOL Lucky Dan isn't PJ's partner :)

PJ said...

Yup, Dan still wants one of those and I gave him fair warning on this post!

Slinky Redfoot said...

It seeems so...japanese?
Nice to be aquanted w your blog!

Dan said...

Its all just proof that I really am a total geek. I am slightly miffed tho PJ as to how you are so repulsed by this cutesy little bit of techno gadgetry, its just a widdle wabbit...