Monday, July 31, 2006

We're in the money; We've got a lot of what it takes to get along

Oh my gosh, I've won the lottery! Last week I threw two dollars at a workmate as my share in a lottery syndicate we have going in the office.

I have no faith in lotteries and am not a gambling person; my belief in this arrangement at work is even further reduced on account of the computer-generated numbers we choose to back each week. Often, I've been accused that my pessimism is keeping fortune away so, this weekend, I chose to not even think about the fact that I had two hard-earned dollars riding on the numbered ping pong balls.

Fortunately we won. Unfortunately, $180 is not enough for me to put my 'Lottery Winning Plan' into action where I immediately resign, hail a cab and lean out the window as we drive away, shouting "see you later suckers!"

Now onto my second plan: 'Living Large For As Long As $180 Allows'.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Yeah yeah P-to-the-J, we're in the money, we're in the money (and so on and so forth).
Now if only there were a few more zero's on the end of that figure...

PJ said...

Yep, I hear you. One more zero and I would have blown off the rest of the work week; two more zeros and you wouldn't see me for a month; three more zeros and I'd be on a plane to New York right at this moment. Maybe next time...