Monday, July 10, 2006

The plane crashed but at least I ate well

I was recently invited to a conference in Sydney for a couple of days and will have to fly up from Melbourne.

Why is it that no one ever asks if people have a problem with flying when they organise interstate conferences? They go to the trouble of finding out if you’re a smoker, vegetarian, lactose or gluten intolerant, or on a low cal, low carb diet, but never actually ask if you experience severe cardiac stress and palpitations at the thought of flying.

I am unable to fly unless I take herbal sleeping medication, which never really puts me to sleep, but leaves me hungover for a couple of hours afterwards. I spend more time recovering from my flight than the flight itself and no one cares, but God forbid I ingest an inappropriate calorie while I’m away.

No comments: