Monday, July 17, 2006

Overheard at the dentist's surgery

I called the dentist’s office this morning to make an appointment following my broken tooth incident and get put on hold…listening to music…Billy Idol’s Rebel Yell.

At first I was amused and considered whether the dentist has it as a joke, but then the rhythm took over and pretty soon I was rocking out into my phone…I’d give you all, and have none babejusta, justa, justato have you here by mebecausein the midnight hour she cried

And that was the time the receptionist came back on the line and startled me back to reality. This isn’t the first time I’ve been sprung singing, nay performing, to on hold music and I can tell you it doesn’t get less embarrassing the more times you do it. I really need to learn to control myself but the combination of music in my ear and a handheld implement (in this case a handset) just makes me want to sing like I’ve never sung before.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool blog, thx

sahm said...

love that story PJ .. I'm laughing with you ...

Kallie said...

Love it PJ, never stop singing to "Hold" music or any other type. You shouldn't be embarrassed - they're more likely to be jeaouls they don't have the courage to do it.