Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I've heard some stupid things in my time...

Corporate environments have their own language and often take liberties with grammar that would leave my old editing teacher speechless.

Call me picky (or intellectually unleveraged and desynergised) but I firmly believe engineers and accountants are not the best qualified people to be making up words.

Working in such an environment, I tread a fine line between being able to understand it but not actually use it; it’s one hell of a fine line, given I spend my day writing about the corporate world.

So today I heard a phrase that takes the crazy cake of hollow speak: you don’t know what you don’t know. Well duh, thanks Einstein, why didn’t I think of that one earlier?

1 comment:

Shaymus said...

I like ya blog..its got a lot of different things.........