Monday, July 10, 2006

Arty Farty

Well I finally took the plunge and bought my first piece of real art.

Technically, I put a down payment on it and as such I won't have a picture of the item itself for another few weeks, but here's a similar one from the same series.

Rather than being a girl, mine has a head and shoulders sillhouette of a man whom I initially believed to be Steve McQueen (hmm, dreamy) but later found out is a very young Jack Nicholson.

The piece is by Melbourne artist
Steve Rosendale that I have been following for a few years. I first saw my painting four yeats ago but couldn't afford it. I've thought about it ever since and haven't hung anything on the wall where I imagined it would go as nothing seemed as right.

Chancing upon it again last weekend was like a sign from the art Gods and my naked wall will soon be the pride and joy of the house.

No comments: